Elizabeth (Liz) Hodes is an experienced litigator who focuses largely on labor and employment matters. She counsels employers on how to prevent workplace disputes and comply with laws governing hiring and terminations, leaves of absence, payment of wages and overtime, personnel policies, and a wide array of other employment issues.
She also helps employers protect their business and goodwill by enforcing noncompete agreements and defending breach of contract, harassment, discrimination, wrongful discharge, and other employment-related claims. For her corporate clients, Liz litigates disputes related to corporate governance, contracts, unfair trade practices, and other issues.
As an experienced litigator, she represents clients in agency proceedings, arbitrations, state and federal court, and before the Alaska Supreme Court. With a sharp focus on developing cost-effective strategies for resolving disputes early and efficiently, Liz has won favorable pre-trial settlements on behalf of many clients.
Her clients include Providence Health & Services, Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation, Norton Sound Health Corporation, Citibank, Midland Funding LLC, as well as other health care entities, financial services companies, hotels, broadcast companies, utility providers, and a variety of small businesses.
Liz is recognized as a top attorney in her field by the leading publication Chambers USA, which quotes clients as saying “We look up to her and trust her legal opinion – she is truly invaluable to us.”
Professional & Community Activities:
- Board of Directors, Anchorage Association of Women Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Section, (Co-chair 2007-2012), Alaska Bar Association
- Employment Law Section, Alaska Bar Association
- Healthcare Law Section, Alaska Bar Association
- J.D., Lewis & Clark Law School, 2005, cum laude
- Member, Cornelius Honor Society
- Business Law Roundtable Scholar
- Style and Format Editor, Oregon Intellectual Property Newsletter
- B.A., Political Science, Minor in Economics and English Textual Studies, Syracuse University, 2002, cum laude
Rate : $$$