Elizabeth A. Raymond is an M&A partner and co-head of the Financial Institutions M&A group. She focuses on M&A for financial institutions, including commercial and investment banks, finance companies, insurance companies, asset managers and broker-dealers, and private equity and hedge funds that invest in financial service businesses.
She works closely with the firm’s Banking & Finance, Financial Services Regulatory & Enforcement and Consumer Financial Services practices to provide the financial product and transaction experience that is central to financial institutions.
She has a thorough understanding of the underlying financial products and services of financial institutions, including the structures, risks and regulatory issues that relate to these financial products and services.
Her recent transactions include domestic and international purchases and sales of, and investments in, businesses relating to commercial finance, auto finance, mortgage origination and servicing, online auto and consumer lending, unsecured consumer lending, credit cards, and insurance brokerage and services.
Elizabeth has also been heavily involved in Mayer Brown’s management, and currently serves as a Corporate Practice Leader. She served on the firm’s governing Policy & Planning Committee (2004-2009).
She has also been a member of Partner Promotion Committee (1998-2004) and the Committee on Associates and Counsel (1993-2004), serving as co-chair from 2001 to 2004.
- Princeton University, BA, summa cum laude
- University of Cambridge, Clare College, MA
- New York University School of Law, JD
- New York
- Trustee, The Goodman Theater
- Member, Saint Chrysostom’s Church
- Sponsor of LINK Ltd. Student
- Represented Wells Fargo in the sale of its commercial insurance brokerage business, Wells Fargo Insurance Services USA and Safehold Special Risk, to USI Insurance Services LLC.
- Represented BMO Harris Bank in the sale of its trust outsourcing services business to a subsidiary of Fidelity National Services, Inc. and its entering into a long-term trust outsourced services agreement with Fidelity Information Services, LLC.
- Representing Wells Fargo & Company in its $32 billion acquisition of the commercial distribution finance and vendor finance business of GE Capital Corporation.
- Represented Ally Financial Inc. in the acquisition of the assets of BlueYield, Inc. and BlueHarbor, LLC, providers of online automobile loan aggregation services.
- Represented Santander Consumer USA in the sale of assets from its personal lending portfolio to an undisclosed buyer. The portfolio was comprised of installment loans with an unpaid principal balance of approximately $900 million.
- Represented a foreign investment fund manager in its investment in a US investment management company focused on residential mortgage loans and securities and an affiliated residential mortgage loan servicer and wholesale loan originator.
- Represented Ally Bank in the sale of its portfolio of performing and non-performing student loans to Southern Arc Trust, a newly formed subsidiary of Credigy Investments LLC.
- Represented Angelo Gordon & Co. in its sale of Dealer Services Corporation, a leading US-based automotive inventory (floorplan) financing company, to Manheim Inc., which specializes in auction services for registered automobile dealers.
Rate : $$$