Elizabeth C. Rosen is an associate in the litigation practice. Ms. Rosen’s practice covers a variety of litigation matters, including complex civil litigation, government and regulatory investigations, and corporate governance and compliance.Prior to joining Akin Gump, Ms. Rosen served as a law clerk to the Honorable Roslyn O. Silver of the United States District Court for the District of Arizona.
Ms. Rosen graduated summa cum laude from Princeton University, where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa and co-founded Princeton University Ballet. She received her J.D. from Harvard Law School, where she served as Student Writing Editor for the Civil Rights Civil Liberties Law Review and as a teaching assistant to Diane L. Rosenfeld. While in law school, Ms. Rosen also served as a legal intern at the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Southern District of New York and a clinical student at the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office.
- representing pro bono clients as amici in actions before the U.S. Supreme Court
- representing former and current employees of multinational company in connection with a multi-agency Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) investigation arising out of conduct in Europe, Asia, Latin America and Africa
- defending a company’s former President in a fraud and conspiracy action brought by company’s new owner.
- defending a major financial institution in an SEC investigation involving the valuation of mortgage-backed securities
- representing a senior executive of a major financial institution in a multi-agency investigation regarding U.S. tax matters
- representing employer in litigation against pension fund board of trustees for alleged violations of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- representing a major financial institution in a FINRA investigation into TRACE reporting procedures
- representing pro bono client in T-visa and asylum proceedings before USCIS and the U.S. immigration court
- defending a hedge fund director in related derivative and securities class actions
- representing a leading financial institution in a FINRA investigation into new issue certifications
- defending a major financial institution in a CFTC investigation regarding the valuation of U.S. inflation derivatives
- defending a hedge fund in an SEC exam and subsequent investigation of firm trading practices
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 2014
- B.A., Princeton University, summa cum laude, 2010
- U.S.D.C., District of Arizona
- New Jersey
- New York
Rate : $$$