Elizabeth Marie Dulong Scott assists clients in complex commercial litigation. Her practice emphasizes defense in lawsuits filed under the FCA and representing public companies and their officers and directors in securities and privacy litigation, internal investigations, regulatory investigations and other enforcement proceedings.
Lizzy’s experience allows her to manage various related cases and investigations with an eye toward how actions in one matter could affect the others. Highly organized and detail-oriented, Lizzy brings a strong understanding of the subject matter affecting her clients’ businesses. She has experience in state and federal court, as well as before the International Centre for Dispute Resolution, a branch of the American Arbitration Association.
- Handles global internal investigations.
- Particular focus on privacy and cybersecurity policy review and litigation.
- Advises on bet-the-company False Claims Act (FCA) cases.
- Advised a highway products manufacturer and diversified industrial company at trial and on appeal of a $663 million FCA judgment, with the appellate court reversing the trial court’s verdict, finding that the relator failed to satisfy the FCA’s materiality element.
- Served as counsel to a highway products manufacturer in putative consumer class actions in the Western District of Wisconsin, Southern District of Illinois and Jackson County, Missouri Circuit Court, alleging breach of warranty, unjust enrichment, violations of deceptive trade practices and consumer fraud acts, negligence, strict liability and negligently supplying a dangerous instrumentality for the supplier’s business purpose.
- Represented a health assessment provider against claims that it made improperly coded diagnoses that were not supported by the medical records in violation of the federal FCA.
- Counseled defendants against claims that they misrepresented ownership and control of entities to obtain government licenses in violation of the federal FCA.
- Assisted a financial clearing firm in a securities class action and shareholder derivative actions pending in Texas state and federal court.
- “Fraud on the Federal Fisc: A False Claims Act Primer and Update,” Akin Gump In-House Counsel Series, March 27, 2017.
- “Conducting Effective Internal Investigations: Your Thorough Guide in 2017,” the Knowledge Group Webinar, Dallas, May 4, 2017.
- “False Claims Act Landscape for 2017,” The Knowledge Group, Dallas, February 8, 2017.
- “3rd Advanced Forum on False Claims and Qui TamEnforcement,” American Conference Institute, New York, January 21 and 22, 2016.
- “2016 Qui Tam & False Claims Act Developments: What You Need to Know,” live webcast, The Knowledge Group, July 13, 2016.
- Member, State Bar of Texas.
- Member, Attorneys Serving the Community.
- Graduate, Dallas Leadership Arts Institute.
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Association.
- Member, Bar Association of the 5th Federal Circuit.
- Law360, “Rising Star” in Government Contracts, 2018.
- Texas Lawyer, “Lawyers on the Rise,” 2018.
- D Magazine, “Best Lawyers Under 40,” 2018.
- J.D., UALR William H. Bowen School of Law, with high honors, 2007
- B.A., Hendrix College, summa cum laude, 2004
- U.S.C.A., 5th Circuit
- U.S.D.C., Southern District of Mississippi
Rate : $$$$