Elizabeth Vicens’ practice focuses on a broad spectrum of securities enforcement, investigations and compliance, as well as securities litigation, with a concentration in complex, cross-border issues. Lisa joined the firm in 2005 and became a partner in 2015.
Lisa frequently works on matters in Latin America, particularly enforcement matters involving clients in the region. Her litigation practice includes many notable securities actions and high-profile civil cases. She also has an active criminal pro bono practice.
- Petrobras, PGF and current and former officers and directors in securities fraud class action litigation and 29 individual actions in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York in connection with Operation Carwash—reportedly the largest corruption scandal in Latin American history.
- FCPA and corporate governance advice to a Mexican construction company in connection with an investigation by the CNBV and potential investigation by the SEC.
- Overseas Shipholding Group (OSG) in civil class action litigation and SEC enforcement matters involving international tax issues.
- Bank of America in investigations by the SEC, Department of Justice, New York Attorney General and U.S. Congress concerning its acquisition of Merrill Lynch, in particular the payment of bonuses and disclosures relating to Merrill’s losses.
- CARBO Ceramics in a federal securities class action litigation in securing dismissal of the complaint.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch in numerous ongoing individual securities actions filed across the country in connection with the issuance and underwriting of mortgage-backed securities.
- A member of the team that advocated on behalf of Erskine Johnson and succeeded in vacating his wrongful murder conviction.
- Member, Diversity Group, Association of Corporate Counsel
- Member, Committee on Civic Education, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Georgetown University, B.S., 2000
- Georgetown University, M.A., 2000
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Rate : $$$$