For nearly 14 years, Elizabeth Cyr Worrell has represented clients in the negotiation and administration of collective bargaining agreements and in all manner of proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board, as well as state and federal courts.
She extensively counsels clients on complex issues related to multiemployer pension plans, such as withdrawal liability obligations and the impact of the Pension Protection Act and Multi-Employer Pension Reform Act.Elizabeth serves as the managing director and chief legal counsel of the Pipe Line Contractors Association (PLCA).
In her role at PLCA, Elizabeth negotiates and administers the four nationwide labor agreements, as well as job-specific project labor agreements, covering the oil and gas pipeline construction industry. The PLCA was founded in 1948 by Akin Gump founding partner Dick Gump and has enjoyed a long and mutually beneficial partnership with Akin Gump—a tradition that Elizabeth looks forward to continuing.
Elizabeth’s experience extends to representing clients in class and collective actions under federal and state wage and hour laws and in employment discrimination litigation. She additionally routinely counsels clients on a wide variety of labor and employment issues that affect employers, such as:
- Executive disputes and agreements
- Employee classification
- Joint employment
- Workplace policies and handbooks.
Elizabeth also advises clients on labor and employment matters related to the negotiation and consummation of corporate acquisitions, bankruptcies, restructurings and other major commercial transactions.Her work has included significant representations for the construction and trades industries, as well as others, such as:
- Real estate
- Higher education
Elizabeth is a contributing editor to Developing Labor Law: The Board, the Courts, and the National Labor Relations Act.
- Practice concentrates on labor and employment matters, including all areas of management labor relations.
- Member, Development of the Law Under the National Labor Relations Act Committee, American Bar Association.
- Member, Employee Benefits Committee, American Bar Association.
- Member, Practice and Procedure Under the National Labor Relations Act Committee, American Bar Association.
- J.D., American University, Washington College of Law, magna cum laude, 2004
- A.B., Bowdoin College, 1998
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$