Ellen H. Greiper is a partner in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Construction Practice. Ellen Greiper has more than three decades of experience defending multi-party construction and construction defect cases in the state and federal courts of New York.
An appointed arbitrator for the district courts in Nassau County, New York, Ellen — who also has extensive experience litigating high-exposure premises liability, Labor Law, and personal injury matters that arise from construction site accidents — is also a mediator for trial-ready cases in the Supreme Court of Nassau County.
Ellen’s streamlined discovery techniques and proactive approach to complex litigation translates into effective and expedited solutions for clients. A prolific author and frequent speaker on emerging issues in the construction industry, Ellen is also a member of a number of professional industry organizations.
Those memberships include the Construction Specifications Institute, DRI’s Construction Defect Committee, and Professional Women in Construction, where she serves on the Board of Directors of its New York Chapter, the organization’s founding and largest arm.
Ellen has chaired DRI’s Construction Law Conference as well as the Construction Defect, Claims & Litigation ExecuSummit in 2017 and 2018. In 2013, Ellen co-authored a comprehensive survey examining a cross-section of construction cases from around the country for Mealey’s Litigation Reports: Construction Defects (updated in 2017).
She is also coauthor of the New York State Bar Association’s Construction Site Personal Injury Litigation, first published in 2014 and updated in 2018.
In 2016, Ellen was named an Achiever by the Long Island Center for Business and Professional Women, an annual honor bestowed by the organization on a select group of women who demonstrate extraordinary professional accomplishments and leadership.
- Brooklyn Law School, Juris Doctor, 1985
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, Bachelor of Arts, 1981
- State Bar Admissions,
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Supreme Court
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- Defense Research Institute
- Chair, Construction Defect Committee 2017–18
- Construction Law
- Chair, Construction Law Conference 2018
- Board of Directors, Professional Women in Construction
- Construction Specifications Institute
- Theodore Roosevelt Inn of Court
- New York City Association of Insurance Women
- Department of Labor OSHA-10 Construction Training
Rate : $$$$