Ellen Meehan is an Ohio State Bar Association Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law. She is a member of our estate planning practice and has a special interest in planning for individuals, families and closely held businesses.
She focuses her practice on a wide variety of personal planning matters, such as counseling on complex estate, charitable, financial and retirement planning matters, as well as on estate, gift and generation-skipping taxes for high net worth individuals.
Ellen has experience in counseling owners of smaller, closely held and family businesses on succession planning, maximizing retirement plan benefits and executive compensation. She is experienced in the organization and operation of private foundations and in counseling on a wide variety of charitable giving matters. Ellen is highly experienced in probate and fiduciary litigation.
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Member, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s Estate Planning Section
- Vice chair, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s Bar Admissions Committee
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association, serving on its Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section Council
- Estate planning advisory council member at Case Western Reserve University, The Cleveland Museum of Art and University Hospitals of Cleveland
- Cleveland State University, J.D., magna cum laude, managing editor, Cleveland State Law Review, 1992
- College of Mount St. Joseph, B.A., 1971
Rate : $$$