Elliot C. Cook maintains a diverse intellectual property practice, including patent litigation, post-grant patent challenges, strategic patent prosecution and portfolio development, and patent monetization.
Elliot devotes a significant amount of his practice to helping clients strategically develop patent portfolios that effectively block competitors and build corporate value. He works closely with clients to ensure that their patents align with and advance their business goals, thereby optimizing value and minimizing cost.
Based on his involvement in more than 25 patent litigations, Elliot has significant experience both defending against and asserting patent rights. His litigation experience ranges from early dispositive motions through trying a case before a jury, including both written and oral advocacy.
Elliot’s practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) includes post-grant proceedings and patent prosecution. He has worked on more than 40 inter partes review (IPR) matters, representing both petitioners and patent owners, as well as several ex parte and inter partes reexamination matters. He represented the petitioner in an IPR, securing institution of trial based on all 20 claims of challenged patent and final written decision finding all 20 claims unpatentable.
He maintains an active patent prosecution practice, securing patent rights for both startups and established market leaders. Elliot has assisted clients with patent licensing, patent monetization strategy, and patent sales ranging in value from approximately $20 million to more than $1 billion.
- American University, Washington College of Law J.D., 2008
- University of Hartford B.S., Audio Engineering Technology, 2005
- U.S. District Court, D. Colorado
- U.S. District Court, E.D. Texas
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional Activities :
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar (Intellectual Property Law Section and Antitrust, Franchise and Trade Regulation Section -present)
Rate : $$$$