Elliot S. Kaplan is member of Robins Kaplan LLP. Responsible for handling and trying several multi-district complex class action litigations, including plumbing fixture antitrust litigation, aluminum price-fixing litigation, chlorine price-fixing litigation, various price-fixing matters involving members of the alcoholic beverage industry, hearing aid price-fixing litigation, real estate price-fixing litigation, and numerous securities and RICO class action matters.
Responsible for unfair trade practice cases, lender liability cases, employment cases, franchise litigation, trade secret cases, intellectual property litigation, including trademark and copyright cases, and numerous monopolization and unfair competition cases.
Served as a member of the firm’s Executive Board and as its Chairman from 1987 to 1995, and as chair of the firm’s Business Litigation Department from 1970 to 1992.
Has frequently appeared before the Federal Trade Commission and other federal and state regulatory agencies.
Has testified and provided expert testimony to the United States Senate Committee on Franchise Legislation.Has counseled several major corporations on business related issues.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., with honors (1961)
- University of Minnesota, B.A., Business Administration
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Arizona
- U.S. District Court, Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, North Dakota
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. Supreme Court
Rate : $$$$