Ellis Diment’s real estate practice is informed by her experience as general counsel for a real estate investment group, where she regularly engaged in both transactional and litigation practice. Thanks to this experience, she appreciates the needs of her real estate clients and the wide variety of situations they can encounter. A pragmatic advocate for clients, Ellis works to stay abreast of potential issues and develops creative, efficient solutions.
- Acted as outside general counsel for a real estate investment group in the acquisition, development and disposition of multifamily units. Provided services associated with the management of properties and worked closely with the director of construction and regional property managers.
- Represented a Texas-based solar company and real estate development groups in negotiations for office space leasing arrangements.
- Assisted in the representation of several Texas-based real estate development groups in property acquisitions, including the acquisition of a 66,000-square-foot retail center in Austin, Texas.
- Represented several Texas-based real estate development groups in property tax disputes. Filed protests, attended hearings, presented evidence, drafted appeals and negotiated settlements.
- American Bar Association
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- J.D., University of Georgia School of Law, 2014; cum laude; Articles Editor, Georgia Law Review
- B.A., Auburn University, 2011, magna cum laude
Admissions : Texas, Georgia
Rate : $$$$