Elly Austin Vecchio’s practice focuses on litigation involving public entities which includes representing governmental bodies, other condemning authorities, and landowners in condemnation, eminent domain, real estate and commercial disputes.
Elly has represented and advised water districts, pipeline companies, other public-use entities, and property owners in real property/real estate related issues, including condemnation and eminent domain matters, and consulting related to eminent domain requirements for condemning entities.
Elly has significant experience handling real property matters, such as reviewing leases, easements, deeds and other agreements, drafting and negotiating terms of easements, special warranty deeds, and related rights of entry for conveyances of property interests for public projects, as well as researching and clearing title related to acquisitions.
- Actively managed condemnation docket for numerous water districts and pipeline companies in connection with water transportation, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, common carrier pipeline, drainage, and other public-use projects
- Represented clients in special commissioners’ hearings and in traditional judicial hearings
- First chaired temporary restraining order and temporary injunction hearings on behalf of water authority in connection with a property owner’s denial of entry for surveying purposes and obtained injunctive relief
- First chaired a condemnation trial involving Harris County’s whole taking of a client’s property to a successful, unanimous jury verdict
- Assisted in representation of pipeline company client in suit brought by property owner for trespass, breach of contract, and fraudulent inducement in connection with client’s constructed crude petroleum pipeline alleging that client was not a common carrier and did not have the power of eminent domain
- JD, South Texas College of Law, Phi Delta Phi, Varsity Moot Court, 2010
- BA, Louisiana State University, 2006
- US District Court, Southern District of Texas
- Texas First Court of Appeals
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Member, Fort Bend County Bar Association
- Adjunct Professor of Advocacy for Patent Law Moot Court Tournament, South Texas College of Law
- Founding Member, Phi Delta Phi Houston Barrister Inn
Rate : $$$$