Emeka Chinwuba is a partner in the New York office of Baker McKenzie and a member of the Banking, Finance and Major Projects Group. His experience includes general bank finance transactions, project finance transactions in infrastructure and power projects including for renewable energy projects, brownfield asset acquisition transactions, parking and toll road concession transactions and US public private partnership transactions.
In 2010, Emeka served as a volunteer prosecution attorney at the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda, in connection with the trial of genocidiares involved in the 1994 Rwandan genocide.
Emeka’s practice focuses on project development and finance transactions primarily in the power and infrastructure sectors, as well US public private partnerships for transportation and social infrastructure projects.
His work has covered complex financing projects in the United States, South America, Middle East and Sub-Saharan Africa. Emeka has worked for an extended period in the United Arab Emirates advising on the development and financing of renewable energy projects in the MENA region, and in connection with the development and financing of an over GBP 2 billion 690 megawatt offshore wind farm project in the United Kingdom.
- Columbia University School of Law (LLM) (2006)
- Nigerian Law School (B.L.) (2002)
- New York~United States (2007)
- Nigeria (2002)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association – Member of the Project Finance Committee and the Africa Affairs Committee
- Nigerian Bar Association
- Nigerian Lawyers Association in New York – Past President and former Board Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Advised the lead arrangers on a USD 690 million repowering project financing for Topaz (a US based power company), including with respect to the negotiation of the financing and collateral documents.
- Advised the administrative agent and lead arrangers on a USD 1.1 billion amended and restated bank financing for Steel Dynamics, Inc.
- Advised the administrative agent and lenders in negotiating commitment papers and financing documents in connection with a USD 300 million acquisition financing by AMP Capital of the ITS/Conglobal group from Carlyle.
- Advised a Fortistar led private equity fund consortium in a USD 215 million senior secured acquisition financing of Primary Energy Recycling Corporation, an operator of a 298 megawatt portfolio of four recycled energy generating facilities in a pulverized coal facility located in Indiana.
Rate : $$$