Emilie Yanagi is an Associate at Fragomen’s San Diego office. She has focused her practice on obtaining U.S. work authorization on behalf of U.S. and multinational start-ups, representing mid-sized corporations in business immigration matters, including PERM labor certification applications, and handling individual matters including family-based immigration, citizenship, reentry permits and consular processing.
Emilie has represented clients ranging from small, unique businesses to large Fortune 100 corporations. She first joined Fragomen’s Los Angeles office in 1997, where she prepared nonimmigrant and immigrant visas and applications on behalf of corporate clients in the public accounting, sports and entertainment industries.
She then transferred to the firm’s Santa Clara office, where her practice focused on employment-based immigration matters for major telecommunications and high technology companies.
- Provided strategic guidance for small and emerging U.S. companies in obtaining work authorization for specialized knowledge professionals, persons of extraordinary ability, and multinational transfer employees.
- Prepared U.S. immigrant employment-based visa applications, including PERM labor certification applications, immigrant visa petitions for persons of extraordinary ability and internationally recognized outstanding researchers, and adjustment of status and consular visa applications.
- Prepared Treaty Investor nonimmigrant work visa applications on behalf of foreign national clients filed at a variety of U.S. consular posts globally.
- Provided guidance in admissions process for Canadian and Mexican nationals under NAFTA Free Trade Agreement at various consular posts and ports of entry.
- Advised corporate clients on J-1 Exchange Visitor requirements to ensure host company compliance. Provided guidance to applicants on post-exchange visa options.
- Assisted individuals in family-based U.S. immigration matters, including naturalization, re-entry permits, spousal work authorization and permanent residence applications.
- Represented high-profile executives and celebrities in consular visa applications.
- Represented clients at district offices in immigration matters, particularly in the areas of adjustment of status and naturalization.
- Managed a team of legal professionals and staff including paralegals and team support specialists.
- Loyola University School of Law | J.D., 1996
- University of Southern California | B.S., 1987
- Waseda University | Foreign Exchange Program, 1984
Bar Admissions: California
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Santa Clara and San Diego Chapters
- Member, State Bar of California
Rate : $$$