Emily Allen assists clients in all aspects of corporate immigration, including nonimmigrant visa (H-1B, L-1, E-3, TN, O-1, etc.) and permanent residency applications (PERM, I-140, etc.).
She focuses her practice on managing immigration programs for technology companies as well as technology organizations within multinational corporations in industries such as e-commerce, entertainment and financial services.
Emily also advises clients regarding compliance matters and enterprise-wide immigration protocols, and she contributes to firm-wide data integrity and security initiatives.
Prior to joining Fragomen, Emily practiced immigration law as a partner and attorney with boutique California-based immigration law firms.
She also served as a Supervisory Asylum Officer with the Department of Homeland Security’s Los Angeles Asylum Office and was an adjunct professor at the Pepperdine University School of Law, where she instructed courses on immigration law and appellate advocacy.
During law school, Emily was an editor of Pepperdine’s Dispute Resolution Law Journal.
She has provided extensive pro bono services in the field of asylum and refugee protection.
Emily speaks English and Spanish.
- Pepperdine University School of Law | J.D., 2005
- The University of the South (Sewanee) | B.A., 2002
Bar Admissions: California
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Asylum Division Liaison, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Southern California Chapter (2017-2018)
- LGBT Liaison, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Southern California Chapter (2018-2019)
- Preceptor, Pepperdine University School of Law (2018-2019)
Rate : $$$