Emily Baker defends companies in complex product liability and mass tort lawsuits in state and federal courts and has served as trial counsel in more than a dozen high-profile cases tried to verdict, including one recently named a “Top Defense Verdict” in California by the Daily Journal.
Emily has represented manufacturers in a range of industries in large-scale, multidistrict, and class action litigation, as well as individual personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. She has coordinated strategy within joint defense groups and has worked with experts in numerous medical and scientific fields, engineers specializing in accident reconstruction, and damages experts.
Since the decertification of a statewide class action, Emily has been part of the national coordinating counsel team representing R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company in thousands of product liability lawsuits brought by individual plaintiffs in courts across Florida.
Emily co-chairs the Atlanta Office’s Diversity, Inclusion & Advancement Committee. She also serves on the Emory Law School Alumni Board, is a Master in the Lamar Inn of Court, and serves on the board of directors for Georgia Lawyers for the Arts.
- Emory University (J.D. with honors 2001;
- B.A. magna cum laude 1998)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia and Florida
CLERKSHIPS : Law Clerk to then-Chief Judge Orinda D. Evans, United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia (2002-2003)
- R. J. Reynolds obtains order dismissing 1,250 “Engle progeny” lawsuits and sanctioning plaintiffs’ attorneys
- R.J. Reynolds wins Bay Area jury verdict in Pooshs trial
- R.J. Reynolds wins jury verdict in Hecht ”Engle progeny” lawsuit
- R.J. Reynolds wins jury verdict in federal Meeker ”Engle progeny” lawsuit
- Brown & Williamson obtains dismissal with prejudice following grant of bifurcated trial on limitations defense
- Sherwin-Williams prevails in landmark public nuisance suit over lead pigment before Rhode Island Supreme Court
- CenterPoint defends against CERCLA contribution claims related to Florida manufactured gas plant
- Inchcape Shipping obtains motion to dismiss breach of contract and conspiracy suit
Rate : $$$