Emily K. Bias advises clients on a broad range of real estate, tax and transactional matters, with a focus on tax-advantaged investment and affordable housing. Emily’s practice is concentrated mainly on counseling clients in tax-advantaged affordable housing deals.
She drafts and negotiates partnership and operating agreements, financing and bond documents, and real estate agreements including development, leasing, condominium, easement and related agreements. Emily represents large financial institutions, developers, syndicators and other participants in the industry.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented a large financial institution in its $40.1 million investment in the rehabilitation of a residential rental complex in the Boston metropolitan area, in conjunction with bond financing and various loans and subsidies.
- Advised a large financial institution regarding equity investments in proprietary funds that in turn invest in low-income housing tax credit projects throughout the country.
- Represented a developer in the rehabilitation, financing, and fund syndication of many low-income housing projects.
Associations : Affordable Housing Tax Credit Coalition, Legislative Committee
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2007
- B.A., The Pennsylvania State University, 2004
ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$