Emily T. Brackstone is a shareholder in the Memphis office of Baker Donelson and the vice chair of the Firm’s Emerging Companies Team. Ms. Brackstone concentrates her practice in the areas of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital fundraising and fund formation, and health law.
Ms. Brackstone regularly represents clients in merger and acquisition transactions on both the buy-side and the sell-side. In addition, Ms. Brackstone has an active practice serving as corporate counsel to emerging companies and more established businesses, advising on various issues related to entity formation, corporate governance, general business contracts and equity fundraising. Ms. Brackstone also regularly assists venture capital and angel funds with their fund formation and investment needs.
Ms. Brackstone represents several clients in the life science and health care industries, including medical device manufacturers, retail and specialty pharmacies, physician practices, and hospitals, providing counsel and assistance on a wide range of topics, including issues involving the corporate practice of medicine, the Stark Self-Referral Law, the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, licensure, and other state regulatory issues.
- University of Tennessee, J.D., 2007, summa cum laude
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 2004, magna cum laude
ADMISSIONS : Tennessee, 2007
- Lead transaction counsel to a large, privately-held hardware distributor in the acquisition of a division of a large, publicly-traded Canadian company, with a purchase price of approximately $70 million.
- Lead transaction counsel to large, public, NASDAQ-listed retail company, in the acquisition of a large, privately-held specialty pharmacy, with a purchase price of approximately $70 million.
- Lead transaction counsel to private equity fund in the simultaneous acquisition of two specialty pharmacies with an aggregate transaction value of approximately $45 million, plus earnouts.
- Lead transaction counsel to a large, privately-held agricultural chemical company in more than ten strategic acquisitions throughout the country.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – American, Tennessee and Memphis Bar Associations
- Member – American Health Lawyers Association
- Member – Order of the Coif, University of Tennessee Chapter
- Board of Trustees – Opera Memphis
- University of Tennessee Certificates of Academic Excellence in Criminal Law, Torts I, Constitutional Law, Evidence, Commercial Law and Income Taxation of Business Organizations
Rate : $$$$