Emily A. Fiore provides multistate state and local tax planning, tax litigation, and dispute resolution services to U.S. and multinational clients. Her experience covers a variety of sectors including technology, retail, manufacturing, automotive retail, and service providers.
Her comprehensive practice includes advising on state tax issues, nexus, sales and use tax, income and franchise tax, False Claims Act (qui tam), voluntary disclosure efforts, and state registration and reporting requirements.
Prior to joining Akerman, Emily worked in the state and local tax group of a global accounting firm where she provided multistate state and local tax planning, consulting, and dispute resolution services.
She assisted clients with mitigating their state and local tax exposure and has represented clients before taxing agencies throughout the country, defending large and complex audits at all stages of the audit process.
Emily has published articles in a variety of trade publications including the Journal of State Taxation and State Tax Notes. She speaks at numerous conferences with trade organizations such as the Taxpayers’ Federation of Illinois, Tax Executives Institute, and the Chicago Bar Association.
- J.D., University of Missouri School of Law, 2014
- B.S., Missouri University of Science and Technology, Geology & Geophysics, 2007
Bar Admissions : Illinois
- Taxpayers’ Federation of Illinois, Sales & Use, Income, Local Tax Committees, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, State and Local Tax Committee, Member
- LAF Young Professionals Board, Board Member
- Credit Abuse Resistance Education Program (CARE), Presenter
Professional Experience :
- Grant Thornton LLP, State and Local Tax Manager
- Accenture, Information Technology Consultant
Rate : $$$$