Emily C. Goodlander is a member of the Product Liability and Mass Torts Litigation Practice Group. She has significant experience in fact investigation and management, electronic discovery, legal research, and deposition and trial support for complex multi-district litigation involving vaccines and drug products.
Emily has detailed knowledge of the scientific background underpinning the referenced claims against pharmaceutical companies, having earned an undergraduate degree in biomedical ethics from the University of Virginia.
She also earned a certificate of concentration in health law from Case Western Reserve University, and has authored a book chapter on clinical ethics and law for a physician audience.
Prior to joining Venable, Emily worked on matters involving the clinical diagnostics laboratory and pharmaceutical industries for False Claims Act and class action lawsuits.
- Representation of the manufacturer of an antiepileptic drug against allegations that its product caused birth defect injuries. Emily has participated in the life cycle of this multi-district litigation, including fact development, motions practice, deposition support, trial preparation, and support.
- Representation of the manufacturer of a vaccine that protects against human papillomavirus in both United States and international matters involving multiple alleged injuries.
- Representation of the manufacturer of a vaccine used to prevent shingles and post-herpes zoster infection sequelae against claims of injuries.
- Representation of the manufacturer of an osteoporosis medication involving allegations that the medication causes osteonecrosis of the jaw and atypical femur fractures.
- Coordination and preparation of a multi-million-dollar litigation budget in connection with nationwide litigation involving a major pharmaceutical company.
- J.D.Case Western Reserve University School of Law2010
- B.A.Distinguished Major in BioethicsUniversity of Virginia2005
Bar Admissions : Maryland, Pennsylvania
Professional Memberships and Activities :
- American Bar Association
- Maryland Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Society of Law, Medicine & Ethics
Rate : $$$