Emily Ma represents a wide variety of U.S. and international clients in civil and criminal government enforcement actions, internal investigations and commercial litigation. Ms. Ma has conducted internal investigations concerning the False Claims Act, federal and state anti-kickback statutes, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, insider trading, financial fraud and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
She also has represented clients in disputes relating to corporate law matters, class actions and shareholder derivative suits. Ms. Ma’s representations have included:
- a pharmaceutical company in an enforcement action by the Department of Justice predicated on allegations of anti-kickback violations concerning its charitable giving programs;
- a pharmaceutical company in an internal investigation arising out of whistleblower allegations of violations of the False Claims Act and Anti-Kickback Statute;
- a pharmaceutical company in False Claims Act litigation and investigation concerning anti-kickback violations arising out of its promotional programs;
- a financial institution in Financial Institutions Reform, Recovery and Enforcement Act litigation and investigations arising out of the issuance of mortgage-backed securities; and
- multinational pharmaceutical companies and financial institutions in internal investigations relating to allegations of FCPA violations.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 2013
- A.B., Harvard University, 2008
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Rate : $$$$