Emily F. Huang is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Group. Her practice focuses on advising private equity firms and corporate clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions across a broad range of industries. Ms. Huang joined Debevoise in 2012.
Ms. Huang received a J.D. magna cum laude from the University of Michigan Law School in 2012, where she was a notes editor of the Michigan Law Review and a member of Order of the Coif. She received an A.B. magna cum laude from Dartmouth College in 2009, where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. She has served on the Dean’s Advisory Council for the University of Michigan Law School since 2014.
- Hojeij Branded Foods in its $330 million sale to Lagardère Travel Retail.
- The Carlyle Group in its acquisition of an outstanding interest in NEP Group from Crestview Partners.
- Citizens Financial in its acquisition of Franklin American Mortgage.
- Nationstar Mortgage, a leading mortgage servicer and originator, in its $3.8 billion merger with WMIH.
- CoAdvantage, a portfolio company of Morgan Stanley Private Equity, in its acquisition of Progressive Employer Management Company.
- Verizon Communications in its $3.1 billion acquisition of Straight Path Communications, a leading wireless spectrum holder.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Brand Energy and Infrastructure Services in the merger of Brand Energy and Safway Group, forming the leading global industrial service business with over $5 billion in revenue.
- Empowerment Ventures and its wholly-owned subsidiary UniRush, a pioneer in the development of reloadable prepaid debit cards, in the sale of UniRush to Green Dot.
- New York Life Investments in its acquisition of a majority interest in Credit Value Partners, a distressed and high-yield debt investment management business.
- PharMEDium, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company and the leading national provider of outsourced compounded sterile preparations to acute care hospitals in the United States, in its $2.6 billion sale to AmerisourceBergen.
- Johnson & Johnson in its $330 million acquisition from AstraZeneca of the global rights outside of the U.S. to Rhinocort Aqua, a line of nasal sprays used to treat allergies.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its acquisition of CoAdvantage, a leading Professional Employer Organization.
- Alliance Laundry Systems, an Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan portfolio company, in the sale of majority interest to BDT Capital Partners.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its sale of Learning Care Group, a leading provider of early education and child care services, to American Securities.
- University of Michigan Law School, 2012, J.D.
- Dartmouth College, 2009, A.B.
- New York
Rate : $$$