Emily L. Pagorski joined Stoll Keenon Ogden in 2004 and is a Member in the Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring, Banking Litigation and Business Litigation practice groups. In her years at the firm working with business debtors and lenders, among other commercial clients.
Emily frequently speaks on bankruptcy and creditors’ rights issues to various organizations, including the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judgesand the American Bar Association.
Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring: Emily counsels debtors, major secured lenders, utility providers, retailers, unsecured vendors and trade creditors in all aspects of troubled credit situations. She has an extensive background in Chapter 11 reorganizations (both commercial and personal) and Chapter 9 municipal debt adjustment proceedings. She also routinely defends clients against preferential avoidance actions throughout the U.S.
Banking Litigation: Emily represents major regional and commercial banks in foreclosures of office buildings, shopping centers, residential properties, warehouses and manufacturing facilities. Lender liability is another matter that Emily handles for clients. Among her successes in this area is winning a federal court summary judgment in a case involving a major regional bank.
Business Litigation: With a deep understanding of the challenges facing commercial enterprises, particularly in the realm of finance, Emily works with companies of all sizes faced with business disputes. She takes a strategic approach to resolving complex issues, counseling clients from the outset of a conflict through the trial process.
- Vanderbilt University Law School 2004, J.D.
- University of Georgia 2001, B.A., summa cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Kentucky Shakespeare Festival, board of directors
- NeXt! Leadership Development Program
- 100 Wise Women, table host and participant
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Bowl for Kids’ Sake, participant
- National Brussels Griffon Club, Southern Area director, 2011-2012
- Credit Abuse Resistance Education, presenter
Rate : $$$