Emily Harbison practices mainly in the area of labor and employment law. Ms. Harbison represents management in all aspects of labor and employment law, including employment litigation, counseling and traditional labor law. She is actively involved in various pro bono efforts.
Ms. Harbison has significant experience defending employers in matters involving employment discrimination, including claims under Title VII of The Civil Rights Act, the FMLA, ADEA, ADA and the Texas Commission on Human Rights Act.
She regularly advises clients regarding federal contract/OFCCP compliance, international executive mobility, wrongful discharge, leave and accommodation, wage and hour, as well as on a variety of other issues under state and federal laws governing the employment relationship.
Ms. Harbison also advises company management regarding independent contractor matters, exemption status under the FLSA, covenants not to compete, employment agreements, and employee handbooks and policies. Ms. Harbison also has experience representing clients in traditional labor matters under the National Labor Relations Act and the Railway Labor Act.
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D.) (2007)
- University of Texas (Bachelor of Business Administration summa cum laude) (2003)
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas~United States (2015)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas~United States (2011)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit~United States (2010)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
Rate : $$$