Emily M. Patterson focuses her practice on business litigation, contractual disputes, and financial services litigation. She has experience representing businesses and individuals in complex commercial and civil litigation in both state and federal courts, at the trial level and on appeal.
In her practice, because she recognizes that every case is won in the preparation, she commits to immersing herself in the case and mastering the facts and legal issues. She serves the role of the client’s champion and accepts the responsibility of worrying about the conflict and solving the client’s problems.
Prior to joining the firm, Emily clerked for the Honorable Glenn T. Harrell, Jr., on the Court of Appeals of Maryland. She graduated from the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law as an Order of the Coif member, a recipient of the University of Maryland School of Law Litigation & Advocacy Award, and a Rose Zetzer Fellow.
While attending law school, Emily served as President of the University of Maryland Moot Court Board and was a member of the Employment & Labor Law Trial Team.
She gained practical experience in the law school’s Appellate Advocacy Clinic, representing clients in the circuit courts of Maryland and on appeal in the Court of Special Appeals of Maryland. Additionally, she was an Asper Fellow with the Honorable Lynne A. Battaglia on the Court of Appeals of Maryland.
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, JD, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2013
- Furman University, BA, Political Science, magna cum laude, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Board Member, Locust Point Civic Association, 2018-present
- Member, Litigation Section & Young Lawyers Section, Maryland State Bar Association, 2013-present
- Member, Baltimore City Bar Association, 2014-present
- Member, Pratt Contemporaries, Enoch Pratt Free Library, 2017-present
Rate : $$$