Emily E. Schroeder is a Labor and Employment associate in the Los Angeles office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. She has defended employers in state and federal courts on a broad range of employment and wage and hour matters. Her experience includes the defense of major state-wide wage and hour class actions involving allegations of unpaid overtime, failure to provide meal and rest breaks, failure to provide accurate itemized wage statements, and requests for penalties under the California Private Attorney General Act (“PAGA”).
Ms. Schroeder has also defended individual actions for wrongful termination, discrimination, and failure to provide a reasonable accommodation for a disability. Ms. Schroeder has second-chair arbitration and trial experience in contract, fraud, and wage and hour matters. She has obtained summary judgment and successfully opposed motions to certify class and collective actions.
She has also obtained dismissals and walk-away settlements of class and individual actions. Ms. Schroeder graduated with honors from the University of Wisconsin in 2007, with degrees in political science, legal studies, and psychology. She received an academic scholarship to the University of Southern California Gould School of Law, where she earned her J.D. in 2010.
- J.D., University of Southern California Gould School of Law (2010)
- Notes Editor, Southern California Interdisciplinary Law Journal (2009-2010)
- B.A., University of Wisconsin, Madison (2007)
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of California.
- Los Angeles Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- State Bar of California
Rate : $$$