Emily K. Self is an associate in the Houston office where she concentrates her practice in employee benefits and executive compensation. She regularly assists clients in complying with federal and state laws governing qualified retirement plans, health and welfare plans, and nonqualified deferred compensation plans.
She has experience evaluating employee benefits and executive compensation matters in the context of corporate mergers and acquisitions. Her practice also includes drafting employee benefit plan documents and correcting plan failures and other operational issues through the voluntary correction programs offered by the IRS and the Department of Labor.
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, American Bar Association, Section of Taxation
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association, Employee Benefits/Executive Compensation Section
- Member, SouthWest Benefits Association
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 2015
- B.A., Government, The University of Texas at Austin, 2011
Admissions : Texas, 2015
Rate : $$$