Emily L. Seymore advises clients through a variety of commercial litigation matters. She also handles regulatory counseling and white-collar criminal defense, including individual officer/director representation and corporate internal investigations.
Emily has experience assisting clients through the various stages of commercial litigation in federal and state courts, including claims arising from breach of contract, fraud and misrepresentation, shareholder disputes, unfair and deceptive business practices, securities, and alleged violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
She has also represented individuals and companies in connection with inquiries and investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission and other state regulatory entities.
Before joining Faegre Baker Daniels, Emily was a senior associate at Paul Hastings LLP, where she gained experience in complex commercial civil litigation and white-collar defense.
She also previously clerked for the Office of Regional Counsel for U.S. EPA’s Region five and served as an extern for the Honorable Marvin E. Aspen of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
In her spare time, you will find Emily outdoors, possibly on a lake in Michigan, hiking and camping in the Pacific Northwest, enjoying the peaceful Chesapeake Bay, or tending to her urban garden.
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D. cum laude, Journal of International Law (publications editor) (2011)
- University of Oregon, B.A. in Family & Human Services, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa (2002)
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Bar Admissions : Illinois
Professional Associations : Women’s White Collar Defense Association — Young Lawyers Committee
Civic Activities :
- Chicago Appleseed Fund for Justice — Board Member
- Chicago Appleseed Fund for Justice — Chair, Access to Justice Committee
- The Ford Family Foundation — Alumni
Rate : $$$