Emily Wright represents individual and business clients in a variety of civil litigation matters, touching areas of law including fiduciary liability, complex contract disputes, and business torts.
Emily’s varied experiences prior to becoming an attorney provide her with the type of creative problem-solving skills and business-oriented perspective that demonstrate a higher commitment to client care.
Emily counsels clients throughout the litigation process, from pre-litigation preparation to final appeal. She uses her creativity to solve her clients’ problems – focusing on achieving the long-term results her clients seek. Often, litigation is an unexpected obstacle that gets in the way of business.
Emily views her role as that of limiting the negative impact of litigation on her clients by listening to and anticipating client needs and priorities and developing and executing legal strategies to meet those needs.
Representative Matters :
- Represented an out-of-state business subject to a default judgment and successfully defended a trial court order setting aside that judgment in the Georgia Court of Appeals.
- Assisted in the representation of a top large law firm in legal malpractice, fraud and fiduciary liability litigation.
- Represented an individual fiduciary in both state and federal court, including through appeal in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
- Provided pro bono representation to an asylum seeker in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Secretary, Stonewall Bar Association of Georgia, 2018-2019.
- Member, Board of Directors, Stonewall Bar Association of Georgia, 2017-2019.
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, George Waldo Woodruff Award for Academic Excellence, 2017
- East Tennessee State University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2014
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Georgia Court of Appeals
Rate : $$$