Emily J. Yukich, who serves as the firm’s Los Angeles Office Managing Partner, counsels small to mid-sized businesses in a variety of industries including technology, consumer products, manufacturing, food and beverage, construction and professional services industries on a variety of complex transactional matters.
She handles business formation, planning and restructuring and works with startups on strategy and early-stage funding as well as with existing companies on growth and acquisition financing.
Emily also handles mergers, acquisitions and other general commercial transactions and provides advice on corporate governance matters. She serves as outside general counsel to a number of clients, advising on day-to-day legal matters.
Additionally, Emily advises venture and angel capital investors on due diligence, negotiation of investment documents and other matters.
Representative Matters :
- Represented a solar dish startup on corporate matters, including structuring and negotiating seed financing and distribution agreements.
- Counsel a social media app startup on various corporate matters, including negotiating shareholders agreements and employee stock grants.
- Represented a currency exchange company in its Series A financing, including advising on and drafting documents and agreements.
- Serve as outside general counsel to a designer and seller of manufactured homes on a variety of matters.
- Serve as pro bono counsel to Lupus LA, an organization dedicated to lupus research, awareness, education and serving the needs of people with lupus and their families in Los Angeles County, on a variety of matters.
Emily’s commitment to helping her clients achieve business success stems from her first-hand understanding of the daily interplay between law and business. Prior to launching her legal career, Emily co-founded and served as lead teacher of an inner city Montessori school in Boston and as the executive director of a nonprofit early childhood education center in Massachusetts.
Emily also worked an instructor at University of Pennsylvania, where she taught undergraduate English and completed coursework toward a Ph.D. in English.
Emily serves as president of the Los Angeles Venture Association (LAVA). In 2011, she founded Women in LAVA, a strategic interest group focused on the specific needs of women entrepreneurs who are seeking seed or venture financing.
Additionally, Emily has served as an adjunct professor at University of Southern California Law School, teaching a course on contract drafting and negotiation.
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law (J.D., 1999)
- Kenyon College (B.A., magna cum laude, 1982)
- Member, Corporations Committee of the Business Law Section for the California Lawyers Association (CLA)
- Co-chair, American Bar Association’s Angel Venture Capital Subcommittee of the Private Equity and Venture Capital Committee
- California State Bar Association Business Law Section (Executive Committee 2013-2016; Secretary of Executive Committee 2014-present; Co-Chair, Corporations Committee 2011-2012)
- Kenyon College/Los Angeles Regional Alumni Association (Class Agent)
- New Los Angeles Charter School (Pro Bono Legal Counsel, Past Board Member)
BOARD OF DIRECTORS :
- Los Angeles Venture Association (President)
- Women in LAVA (Founder, Co-Chair)
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
Rate : $$$$