Mr. Emmett J. McMahon has over 30 years experience in commercial litigation with emphasis in intellectual property. He has gained a wide level of experience in disputes that are vital to his clients, in such technologies as money transfer, stored value instruments, encryption, video and lossless compression, Wi-Fi, network-based data distribution, MRI, and DNA sequencing and testing.
He has handled patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, false advertising, securities and class action disputes for both plaintiffs and defendants.
Mr. McMahon’s practice spans many district and appellate courts throughout the United States. He has had more than 20 engagements in the Eastern District of Texas, the busiest jurisdiction for patent trials.
Mr. McMahon is active in charitable organizations. He is a past Vice Chairman of the Board for Children’s HeartLink, a nationally known charitable organization that partners with Fortune 500 companies and promotes sustainable cardiac care for children around the world.
He is an avid tennis player, a seasoned long distance runner, and a retired black belt in the pure form of Tae Kwon Do. When time allows, he enjoys traveling with his wife of over 30 years.
- University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D. (1981)
- University of Nebraska at Lincoln, B.S.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, North Dakota
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- American Bar Association (Antitrust Law Section)
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Intellectual Property Law Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
Rate : $$$