An experienced trial lawyer, Eric L. Barnum practices in all areas of employment law and litigation. He has extensive experience in multiparty complex civil litigation, as well as noncompete and trade secrets litigation, and administrative investigations and hearings.
Eric also regularly litigates federal cases and advises clients on issues of employee classification and wage payments under the Fair Labor Standards Act, providing sophisticated and creative advice to help clients achieve business objectives.
He is invested in his clients’ success, handling complex, high-value and high-exposure matters with ingenuity and practicality, while producing effective and sustainable solutions.
Eric is co-leader of the firm’s Litigation Associate Training Program, and frequently conducts training and educational seminars for lawyers and human resource professionals on various aspects of developing employment, trade secrets and noncompete law. He also has a background in career counseling and youth mentoring and motivation.
- Lead counsel for automotive management consultancy company in seven-figure worker misclassification Georgia class action.
- Lead counsel for large financial institution in federal FLSA collective action leading to successful motion to dismiss, compelling individual arbitrations of claims.
- Trial counsel on behalf of food and dairy manufacturer alleged to be in breach of employment contract action.
- Lead trial attorney and outside general counsel for the Martin Luther King, Jr., Center for Nonviolent Social Change in Atlanta, Georgia, one of the nation’s foremost civil rights and social justice policy institutions.
- Conducted internal investigation into allegations of race discrimination and unfair hiring practices for major Division I/FBS college athletics department.
- National Employment Law Council
- Board of Directors
- Treasurer (2008 to 2016)
- American Employment Law Council
- Litigation Counsel of America: Fellow
- National Bar Association
- Deputy General Counsel (2010 to 2011)
- American Bar Association
- J.D., University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law, 1994; Order of Barristers; International Moot Court Honors Board; International Moot Court Jessup Competition Team, Top Oral Advocate and Captain
- B.A., History, University of California, Los Angeles, 1991
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Georgia
Rate : $$$$