Mr. Eric Barton is a trial lawyer who prides himself on being an efficient, practical advisor, understanding the importance of targeted litigation efforts and a common sense approach to resolving disagreements. Because prevailing at an arbitration or trial is typically not the ultimate goal in a business dispute, Mr. Barton devotes a significant portion of his time counseling his clients on issues related to pre-trial resolution and avoidance of commercial disputes.
If litigation is necessary, however, Mr. Barton brings with him significant first-chair experience and a long history of jury trial and arbitration victories. Mr. Barton’s practice primarily focuses on complex business disputes and financial services litigation, including a wide variety of claims involving:
- Trade Secrets
- Restrictive Covenants
- Intellectual Property
- Real Estate
- Product Liability
A frequent speaker and blogger on trade secret and non-compete issues, Mr. Barton regularly advises clients on how to best safeguard their trade secrets, confidential information, and valuable customer relationships, particularly in environments where sensitive electronic information is at stake. Mr. Barton also has substantial experience with obtaining and defending against temporary restraining orders and other emergency injunctive relief.
An active member in the Atlanta community, Mr. Barton sits on the boards of several nonprofit organizations and is a long time pro bono volunteer with the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation. He formerly clerked for Judge Rowland W. Barnes at Fulton County Superior Court.
- J.D., Emory University School of Law (2003)
- Moot Court Order of Advocates; Intellectual Property Special Team (Saul Lefkowitz Competition)
- B.A., Emory University (2000)
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, active volunteer (2009–Present)
- Association of General Contractors, Young Leaders Program (2010–2011)
- United Way of Greater Atlanta, Young Professional Leaders, Advisory Board Member (2011–2013)
- PEDS, Board Member (2010–2014)
- Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer
- Emory Crew Alumni Association, Board Member (2014–2016)
Rate : $$$