Eric D. Britton has more than 30 years’ experience handling all aspects of employee benefits, executive compensation, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), and tax compliance for both large and small clients. He delivers practical advice to his clients, offering them real-world solutions to often technical situations involving the integration of benefit plans, legal compliance, compensation programs and retirement plans.
Publicly traded and privately held companies also look to Eric for counsel with respect to stock options and other equity awards, executive compensation issues, and benefit issues in a variety of corporate transactions. He has substantial experience in Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs) and working with cooperatives (including agricultural, retail, and worker cooperatives).
- J.D., University of California at Berkeley, 1985
- B.A., Reed College, 1982
Bar and Court Admissions : Ohio, 1992
- Designed equity compensation plan for executives and scientists employed by for-profit subsidiary of tax-exempt health care system.
- Design and implementation of ESOP as succession plan for multi-state engineering firm.
- Represented employee buyout committee in leveraged ESOP buyout of debtor-in-possession in Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization.
- Obtained VCP compliance statements for multiple complex operational defects in defined benefit pension plans of publicly traded manufacturing firm.
- Assisted publicly traded manufacturing with numerous bargaining units consolidate its defined benefit pension and 401(k) savings plans.
- Prepared profits interest plan for key employees of group of mortgage services firms organized as LLCs.
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Toledo Bar Association
- American Bar Association Section on Taxation, Employee Benefits Committee
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals
- Ohio Employee Ownership Center
Rate : $$$$