Eric J. Buhr is a member of the Life Sciences Health Industry Group, practicing in the area of product liability litigation primarily on the defense of pharmaceutical and medical device companies in complex actions in both state and federal courts.
He has served on several high profile mass tort trial teams including the transvaginal mesh litigation, hernia repair patch litigation and Zyprexa litigation. He acts as national and local counsel and is responsible for cases at the state and federal trial court levels, including multi district litigation, class actions, and coordinated proceedings.
In addition to defending medical device and pharmaceutical companies, Eric also handles general commercial litigation, including claims for unfair business practices under California Business and Professions Code Section 17200 and other similar statutes.
- University of California, Santa Barbara, 1997
- University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, 2001
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : California
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court – Central District of California
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of California
Professional Affiliations :
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- Tadai v. Eli Lilly (Los Angeles County Superior Court)(September 2011): Representing Eli Lilly in a wrongful death trial involving Zyprexa, an antipsychotic, which resulted in a defense verdict
- Composix Kugel Hernia Repair Patch Litigation: Representing C.R. Bard, Inc. and Davol, Inc. in state coordinated cases and federal multidistrict litigation involving hernia mesh patches
- National counsel team defending leading U.S. pharmaceutical manufacturer in litigation involving injectable type-2 diabetes medication
- Member of national counsel team for pharmaceutical manufacturer defendant in coordinated diet drug litigation
- Member of trial team that won total defense verdict on behalf of national prosthetic hip device manufacturer in Los Angeles Superior Court after three weeks of trial in litigation involving recalled product
- Defense of numerous pharmaceutical and medical device cases (surgical mesh, knee and hip prosthetics, pain pumps, interferon medications, antipsychotic medications, animal vaccines, etc.) in state and federal courts
- Defended consumer product manufacturer in toxic tort case involving allegations of peritoneal mesothelioma from asbestos contaminated talc in cosmetic products
- Successfully obtained summary judgment in tenant screening reports/consumer credit reporting ICRAA litigation matter; result upheld on appeal and remaining cases were settled on terms favorable to client
Rate : $$$$