Eric M. Elfman, a partner in the tax & benefits department since 1989, represents clients in a wide variety of business tax issues, with particular emphasis on corporate mergers, acquisitions, restructurings and financings. Eric has experience with large corporations, as well as closely-held businesses and in representing corporations and individuals in tax controversies.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Eric was an attorney-advisor in the Tax Legislative Counsel’s Office of the U.S. Treasury Department, where he was responsible for formulating the Treasury Department’s position on federal tax policy matters primarily in the corporate tax, consolidated returns, depreciation, inventory, and tax accounting areas. Eric is a CPA, and previously worked for one of the largest multinational accounting firms.
- JD, The George Washington University Law School, 1980
- MS (Accounting), University of Pennsylvania, 1976
- BS (Economics), University of Pennsylvania, 1975
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, 1986
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS :
- Past Chairman of the American Bar Association Corporate Tax Committee; Policy and Special Projects Subcommittee
- Boston Bar Association
- American Institute of CPAs
- Massachusetts Society of CPAs
Rate : $$$