Eric R. Fish is a litigator with extensive experience representing clients in complex civil litigation focused on products liability, toxic tort and business litigation. Based on his intimate knowledge of New Jersey state and federal practices, Eric handles many civil matters pending in New Jersey.
Appreciating the potential implications of litigation for his clients and their businesses, Eric listens to his clients and looks at both the immediate consequences and the long-reaching effects of litigation when developing case strategies. Eric then works with his clients to determine the best approach to achieving their litigation goals.
Eric was recognized by BTI Consulting Group, Inc. (BTI) as a Client Service All-Star in 2017. BTI named only 319 Client Service All-Stars, who are identified solely and exclusively by corporate counsel. The BTI list and a description of the selection methodology can be found here.
- Represents corporate clients in a variety of complex commercial litigation matters in state and federal courts in New Jersey and New York.
- Defending a large audit and recovery company in litigation in the District of New Jersey involving allegations of breach of contract, fraud and consumer fraud.
- Defended a pharmacy benefits manager in District of New Jersey against pharmacy alleging unfair business practices. Obtained voluntary dismissal of all claims while motion to dismiss was pending.
- Defended a food services company in the Supreme Court of the State of New York in a suit against a former shareholder who claimed a breach of the corporate bylaws and violation of New York business laws. Obtained a full dismissal of the case prior to trial without the client having to pay anything to the plaintiff.
- Defended a healthcare client in New Jersey Superior Court in a business dispute related to the distribution of drug products. Obtained dismissal without the client having to pay.
- Defended a New Jersey hospital and one of its employees in a case alleging unauthorized disclosure of patient information. After several years of contentious litigation, the case was dismissed on a pretrial motion just prior to jury selection.
- Experience representing corporate class action defendants in multiple contexts, including consumer class actions, TCPA, product liability, and securities fraud.
- Served as counsel in New York and New Jersey in toxic tort and product liability litigations arising from alleged pesticide exposure. Helped obtain dismissal or very favorable settlement terms in various cases.
- Defended a large chain of home improvement stores in numerous general liability and product liability cases in New Jersey state and federal courts.
- Defense Research Institute
- New York State Bar Association
Community : Hoboken Jubilee Center/All Saints Community Service and Development Corporation: Board of Trustees, Past President
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 1998, high honors; Order of the Coif; Articles Editor, Public Contract Law Review
- B.A., Tufts University, 1995, summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- St. Catherine’s College, Oxford, 1994, Associate Student
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2009
- District of Columbia, 2005
Rate : $$$