Eric W. Flynn’s practice focuses on advising clients on federal and state consumer financial services laws, including the Truth in Lending Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Servicemember’s Civil Relief Act, Military Lending Act, student lending laws, state repossession laws, state marketing laws, state lending licensure requirements, state debt collection laws and state loan solicitation laws.
Eric’s practice includes advising national banks, private equity firms and hedge funds in connection with lending to or taking equity positions in consumer facing companies such as fin-tech lenders, residential solar providers and residential security system providers.
Eric’s practice also includes advising consumer facing companies with structuring products and compliance protocols. Such products include various forms of lending agreements, lease agreement, marketing programs, servicing contracts, underwriting practices, loss mitigation practices and licensure.
Finally, Eric has extensive experience litigating in federal courts on issues related to federal and state consumer financial services laws.
- Advised financial institutions in compliance of consumer bankruptcy notification and claim filing process.
- Advised auto lending, mortgage lending and credit card issuing financial institutions on compliance with the Bankruptcy Code, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Truth in Lending Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and other consumer compliance statutes.
- Defended financial institutions in litigation and contested matters asserting violations of the automatic stay and discharge injunction.
- Defended financial institutions, including credit card issuers, mortgage lenders and auto lenders, in litigation asserting claims under Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and Truth in Lending Act.
- Defended various financial institutions and entities in bankruptcy litigation matters including preference claims, turnover actions, fraudulent conveyance and transfer claims, and other insolvency disputes.
- JD, Washington and Lee University, 2009
- BA, Vanderbilt University, 2006
- US Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Virginia
Rate : $$$$