Eric A. Gordon is the chair of Akerman’s Labor and Employment Practice Group, a national team representing employers in legal compliance, dispute prevention, and employment litigation throughout the United States.
An experienced litigator, he represents Fortune 500 companies operating in the hospitality, healthcare, retail, and telecommunications sectors, with substantial experience in federal and state jury trials, class actions, arbitrations, and defending claims before administrative agencies.
In addition to his litigation experience, Eric provides clients with valuable day-to-day preventive counseling on compliance and avoiding lawsuits, offering in-house training programs on topics such as hiring/firing, sexual harassment, diversity, Family and Medical Leave Act, discrimination, and wage and hour compliance.
Eric is the creator and moderator of the Akerman HR Hospitality Roundtable, a biannual forum on employment and labor issues for human resources professionals in the hospitality sector.
- J.D., St. Thomas University School of Law, 1995, St. Thomas Law Review, Notes and Comments Editor, 1994-1995
- B.A., University of Florida, 1991
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Human Resource Association of Palm Beach County, Membership Chair, 2004-2005; Legislative Chair, 2005-2006; Board of Directors, 2006-2013; President, 2012; Past President, 2013
- American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Committee, Technology in the Practice and Workplace Committee, Member
- Florida Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Committee, Member
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Member
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Committee, Chair, 2004-Present; Board of Directors, 2008-Present; President-Elect, 2016-2017; President, 2017-2018
- Economic Council of Palm Beach County, Board of Directors, Member, 2012-2016
- Education Foundation of Palm Beach County, Board of Directors, Member, 2012-2014
- Society for Human Resource Management, Member, 2004-present
- Greater Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce, Trustee Member, 2003-2012; Leadership Boca, 2003
- Wheels for Kids, Co., Founder; Board of Directors, Past Member
- The Children’s Museum of Boca Raton, Past Board Member
- Anti-Defamation League, Glass Leadership Institute, Graduate, 2007
Rate : $$$$