Eric B. Hiatt is a civil litigator who has experience in the full range of complex commercial litigation. Efficient and resourceful, Eric uses his experience on either side of the table to assist clients in obtaining the most beneficial results possible.
- Represented MBIA Inc. as part of a trial team that secured successful defense of a client in federal and state courts against action brought by financial institutions challenging a $5 billion restructuring.
- Represented a private equity fund in litigation concerning the purchase of a pool of mortgage loans.
- Represented a private equity firm in a breach of contract action arising out of the failed sale of an interest in a real estate holding company in Las Vegas.
- Represented a hotel developer in litigations arising out of the failure of investment banks to fund the development of a major Las Vegas resort.
- J.D., Rutgers University School of Law, Newark, 2004; Managing Editor, Rutgers Computer and Technology Law Journal; Author, The ‘Dirt’ on Digital ‘Sanitizing’: Droit Moral, Artistic Integrity and the Directors Guild of America v. Clean Flicks et al., 30 Rutgers Comp.&Tech. L.J. 375 (2004)
- B.A., History of Art, Cornell University, 2000, Dean’s List
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- New York
Rate : $$$$