Eric Holshouser practices all aspects of labor and employment law, including equal employment opportunity, wage and hour, health and safety, employee benefits, non-compete, trade secret and wrongful discharge law, as well as legal matters involving union-company relations.
He also represents employers in both state and federal court in the areas of labor relations, discrimination, non-compete enforcement, sexual harassment, wrongful discharge, wage and hour, breach of contract and fraud.
Eric is a former chair of the Labor and Employment Law Section of The Florida Bar. Areas in which Eric has recent and substantial experience include:
- Handling non-compete, restrictive covenant and trade secret litigation
- Defending businesses and non-profit employers in federal and state court discrimination, harassment and retaliation lawsuits
- Handling wage-hour audits and representing employers in wage and hour lawsuits
- Defending employers in breach of executive employment contract cases in litigation and arbitration
- Conducting collective bargaining with many unions on behalf of a wide range of employers, as well as municipalities and port and aviation authorities
- Advising employers in all areas of employment law, including laws prohibiting discrimination and harassment, wage and hour laws, the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Assistance Act
- Drafting policies, procedures and forms to comply with employment laws
Clients find that Eric is not only highly responsive, but also very practical and efficient in the solutions he provides to clients. This efficiency extends to keeping fully abreast of developments in labor and employment law, so most client questions can be answered without significant and expensive research.
Also, Eric understands that clients do not like surprises; thus, he communicates frequently with clients while taking care not to bill for unsolicited advice or give advice outside of his knowledge base.
Firmly believing in the importance of one-on-one mentoring for new lawyers, Eric is much appreciated in the firm for his commitment to passing down his years of experience, thus helping to sustain the firm’s reputation for excellence in client service.
- On appeal, established precedent in Florida limiting a claim for plaintiff’s attorneys’ fees under the Florida Civil Rights Act of 1992.
- Recently negotiated meaningful pension reform for a city in Florida.
Rate : $$$