Eric W. Kristiansen focuses his practice on the prosecution and defense of complex commercial litigation, as well as the defense of wrongful death and personal injury matters. Many of Eric’s clients have global footprints, and he is routinely recognized by clients for his ability to provide creative solutions in complex matters.
For many clients, Eric is retained well in advance of an anticipated dispute or lawsuit. In those instances, his communication, risk-assessment and management skills are utilized to make strategic decisions affecting the ultimate outcome.
In addition to his litigation practice, Eric frequently advises clients regarding risk mitigation and management, incident investigations, and safety policies and procedures, and he has conducted seminars for his clients on those subjects.
- Represented a global industrial services company in warranty and indemnity disputes.
- Represented an energy company in disputes related to contractual indemnity and the Texas Oilfield Anti-Indemnity Act. Successfully resolved numerous insurance issues related to contractual indemnity obligations.
- Routinely represents an oilfield equipment manufacturer in products liability cases involving personal injuries. Routinely addresses indemnity and insurance issues related to the defense of those matters.
- Defends oilfield clients in explosion cases and catastrophic injury matters.
- Routinely represents drilling contractors in personal injury cases arising out of drilling activities.
- Represents a mobile batch plant manufacturer in products liability cases involving personal injuries. For example, represented the client in a suit regarding catastrophic injuries that allegedly occurred during fracking operations at a well in West Texas.
- Represented a real estate developer in a contentious contract dispute and negotiations with the Army Corps of Engineers.
- J.D., Tulane University Law School, 2000
- B.S., Trinity University, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas, 2000
Rate : $$$