Eric Cochran is a corporate attorney, concentrating in mergers and acquisitions, securities law and general corporate law. Mr. Cochran has represented clients in many significant, high-profile matters, including:
- Armstrong World Industries in the spin-off of Armstrong Flooring;
- Pittsburgh Corning and Pittsburgh Corning Europe in their pending sale to Owens Corning;
- Cobham plc in the $1.5 billion acquisition of Aeroflex, a provider of high-performance microelectronic components and testing and measurement equipment;
- the disinterested directors of Chrysler Group LLC in connection with the acquisition by Fiat North America LLC of the minority interests owned by the UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust;
- Mylan, Inc. in its acquisition of Agila Specialties Private Limited (India) from Strides Arcolab Limited (India);
- L-1 Identity Solutions, Inc. in the sale of its intelligence services business to BAE Systems, Inc., and in the sale of the balance of L-1 to Safran SA; and
Mr. Cochran has been listed in numerous editions of Chambers USA and Chambers Global as a leading lawyer for business. In addition, he has been repeatedly selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America.
Mr. Cochran also is actively involved in the firm’s management and administration, including the administration of the Mergers and Acquisitions Group and the firm’s efforts to promote a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 1986
- M.S., New York University, 1984
- B.A., Williams College, 1982
Admissions : New York
- Member, Board of Trustees, Williams College
- Member, Board of Directors, Horizons National Summer Student Enrichment Program
Rate : $$$$