Eric Pruitt is a business, real estate and tax lawyer who primarily represents lenders and CMBS special servicers in commercial loan transactions throughout the country. He has a wide background with vast experience in commercial loan restructurings and workouts; health care, hospitality and other project-based financing matters; and in the niche area of bankruptcy taxation. He also handles commercial bankruptcy cases for creditors.
Eric has substantial experience in maximizing value for creditors through loan sales and collateral recovery, including commercial foreclosure, receivership sales and the subsequent disposition of recovered assets (including REO sale transactions and auctions).
A fellow in the American College of Mortgage Attorneys, Eric serves on the board of directors of the Business Council of Alabama (BCA) and is the president of the Turnaround Management Association – Alabama Chapter. He is also actively involved with the CRE Finance Council (formerly CMSA) and the American Bankruptcy Institute.
Eric serves on the executive committee of the board of trustees of The Alabama Ballet. He is also a member of the advisory board for The Blackburn Institute. Eric and his wife live in Vestavia Hills, Alabama with their two young children.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation (2001)
- University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama , J.D. (1998)
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, B.A. (1993)
ADMISSIONS : Alabama (1998)
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Board of Directors – Business Council of Alabama (2013 – 2016)
- President – The Turnaround Management Association, Alabama Chapter (2016)
- Board of Directors – The Turnaround Management Association, Alabama Chapter
- Advisory Board – The Blackburn Institute (2008 – 2016)
- Member – American Bar Association, Business Law and Taxation Sections
Rate : $$$