Eric Stahl primarily represents media and entertainment companies, advertisers, and other communications companies in intellectual property, commercial, and First Amendment matters.
He represented the plaintiff in a case resulting in the largest reported award of copyright statutory damages, and has litigated numerous other infringement and contractual ownership claims involving music, motion pictures, photographs, and digital works.
Eric advises clients on licensing matters, pre-publication review, public records access, and other content-related issues. He also represents studios and production companies in connection with the development and distribution of documentaries and other motion pictures and rights clearance issues.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Chair, Copyright Litigation Committee, ABA IP Law Section
- Co-editor-in-chief, Washington State Bar Association Public Records Act Deskbook (2013)
- Past Trustee, National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Greater Northwest Chapter
- Copyright Society of the USA: Past National Trustee; Founding Member; Past Chair – Northwest Chapter
- Board of Directors, Washington Coalition for Open Government
- Advertising and Commercial Speech Committee, Media Law Resource Center
- Forum on Communications; Intellectual Property and Litigation Sections – American Bar Association
- Guest Lecturer, “Digital Millennium Copyright Act,” University of Washington School of Law, 2006
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 1997, with high honors
- B.A., International Relations, Minor in Economics, University of Pennsylvania, 1988, magna cum laude
Rate : $$$