Eric W. Macaux advises energy project sponsors, developers and investors on a wide variety of transactions, including debt and equity financing and mergers and acquisitions. In addition to his financing experience, Eric has extensive experience with power purchase agreements, net metering credit purchase agreements, state REC contracts and other key project documents.
His project experience spans a variety of assets, including solar, wind, hydropower, biogas and energy storage. Eric also advises cutting-edge energy generation, energy storage and water technology clients preparing for commercial and pre-commercial deployment.
He has also advised public and private companies on establishing and implementing sustainability and energy goals.
Before joining Mintz, Eric held senior positions at the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC), where he served as General Counsel and Senior Director for Strategy, advising the MassCEC board and other senior management on all aspects of governance, compliance, disputes, employment matters, confidentiality, and legislative and policy developments.
- Led a $67 million back-leverage refinancing and tax equity buy-out of a solar portfolio spanning approximately 35 sites in 3 states.
- Corporate and project counsel to growth-phase water technology company, including corporate restructuring for domestic and international commercial deployment.
- Buyer’s counsel on the acquisition and Series A financing of an alternative fuels and alternative chemicals business.
- Advised a national solar developer on the acquisition and development of solar projects and project portfolios in Massachusetts and North Carolina.
- Represented a clean energy–focused private equity fund on multiple project financings, including equipment, construction, and revolving debt for solar, biogas, and biofuel projects in California and North Carolina.
- Lead counsel to the developer of North America’s first marine commerce terminal purpose-built to support offshore wind projects.
- Georgetown University (JD)
- Washington University (BA, summa cum laude)
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, New Hampshire
Rate : $$$$