Eric Maxfield helps clients resolve their most challenging disputes. He relies on two decades of experience to guide his clients through all aspects of complex commercial litigation – keeping their business goals foremost. He has obtained significant victories for clients in a variety of litigation matters, including jury trials, arbitrations, and appeals.
Eric represents clients of all sizes, from local and regional businesses in the Rocky Mountain West to significant Fortune 500 corporations. Eric also leads the firm’s Salt Lake City office as its Administrative Partner. Previously, he was managing partner for the Salt Lake office of a large regional law firm.
Eric represents clients in disputes involving fiduciary duty claims, professional liability and malpractice, class actions, intellectual property, and healthcare and insurance matters.
- Jury trials, bench trials, arbitrations
- Professional liability and malpractice
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Shareholder and corporate ownership disputes
- False Claims Act and Qui Tam
- Intellectual property disputes
- Georgetown University, J.D., 1997
- University of Utah, B.A., 1994
Bar Admissions : Utah
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- Sherman A. Christensen Inn of Court I, Master of the Bench
- Leadership Utah, Salt Lake Chamber, Class of 2011
- ABA State Survey of Class Action Law, Utah Class Action Law, Editor, 2009-present
- Business and Commercial Litigation in Federal Courts, 3rd Ed., on Energy Litigation, Contributor
- Utah State Bar, Member
Rate : $$$