Eric T. Mitzenmacher is an associate in Mayer Brown’s Washington DC office and a member of the Consumer Financial Services group. His practice focuses on representing companies that offer various consumer financial products and services.
Eric has worked on matters involving mortgage lending and servicing, auto lending, unsecured consumer lending including consumer credit cards and online lending.
His experience covers a range of activities over the lifecycle of a typical consumer financial services company, including licensing, compliance with federal and state consumer financial laws and regulations, transactional diligence and structuring, examination preparation and government enforcement.
- Yale Law School, JD
- Stanford University, BA, with distinction
- Stanford University, BS, with distinction
- District of Columbia
- US Supreme Court
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
Activities : American Bar Association
- Licensing. Analyses of licensing obligations for consumer lenders, sales finance companies, loan servicers and debt collectors.
- Compliance. Build-outs and analyses of policies and procedures for federal and state consumer financial laws, including CFPB rulemakings such as the Ability to Repay/Qualified Mortgage Rule and the Loan Originator Compensation Rule.
- Transactions. Regulatory due diligence reviews for loan platform and portfolio acquisitions or investments and consumer lending start-ups, including online lenders.
- Government Enforcement. Defense of claims including CFPB investigations, fair lending matters brought by the DOJ and/or HUD-FHEO, mortgage-related False Claims Act matters, and FHA audits and investigations.
- Pro Bono. Representation of couple in federal litigation against mortgage relief scam, resulting in settlement.
Rate : $$$$