Eric J. Plinke advises corporate and individual clients regarding a wide-range of health care industry legal issues. He has counseled clients in practice formation and acquisition, hospital and joint venture transactions, hospital and medical practice affiliations, contract review and preparation, compliance programs, HIPAA regulations, scope of practice issues, telemedicine and Stark law and Anti-kickback statutes, as well as significant experience counseling in ambulatory surgery centers and other joint ventures.
Eric has successfully represented both entities and providers in credentialing, medical staff matters and third-party payer audits and has extensive experience representing entities and providers in regulatory investigations and hearings.
He has litigation experience in administrative hearings and appeals, medical malpractice and professional negligence, health care provider disputes and HMO liability. Earlier in his career, Eric worked as an attorney for the State Medical Board of Ohio.
- University of Toledo College of Law (J.D., 1992)
- Hanover College (B.A., 1989)
Bar Admissions : Ohio
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Columbus Bar Association, Health Care Law Committee, chair (2009 – 2011)
- Ohio State Bar Association, Health Care Law Committee
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Capital University, Health Care Law, adjunct professor
Rate : $$$$