Eric A. Prager focuses his practice on business transactions involving technology and intellectual property assets, especially in the advertising, digital media, and software industries.
His work includes strategic counseling, development and management of intellectual property portfolios, due diligence of intellectual property assets, and sophisticated licensing and agreement work. Eric also litigates copyright, false advertising, patent, trademark, and trade secret cases in courts around the country.
Eric assisted in drafting several copyright treaties for the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), a specialized agency of the United Nations, including the WIPO Copyright Treaty, the WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty, and a proposed treaty on the protection of databases.
He also assisted in the development of the Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDRP) as a member of the Intellectual Property Constituency of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
Eric has served on the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) Public Advisory Committee for Trademark Affairs, which advises the USPTO on concerns of trademark owners and the practicing bar.
In addition, he serves as an adjunct professor at Fordham Law School and has authored numerous articles on a variety of subjects in intellectual property law. Two U.S. Courts of Appeals cited one of his articles on trademark dilution, and the government relied upon the article in its briefing to the U.S. Supreme Court, in the Victoria’s Secret case, 537 U.S. 418 (2003).
- A.B. Columbia College 1990
- J.D. Fordham University School of Law 1993
Bar Admissions : New York, Washington
Professional Memberships :
- Former member, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) Public Advisory Committee for Trademark Affairs
- Former member, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) Intellectual Property Constituency
- National chair, Practising Law Institute’s annual conference, “IP Issues in Business Transactions”
- Adjunct professor, Fordham Law School.
Rate : $$$